JOB LOSSES: Help us find work for 260 Ostwald Bros workers – Australia News

0
21

THERE are 260 families facing uncertain futures today, with the news workers were made redundant after Ostwald Bros went into administration earlier this week.

The 260 workers were told this afternoon after the administrators handed down the findings of an initial review.

Derrick Vickers of PriceWaterhouseCoopers said while more than half of the staff were made redundant, 140 workers would remain stood down as he and fellow administrator Sam Marsden continued to investigate the struggling civil construction company.

Toowoomba and Dalby businesses with job vacancies have been called on to help the workers who lost their income in a bid to make this time easier for those sacked.

Mr Vickers said the decision to make 260 workers redundant was not taken lightly. 

“We explored all options for continuing the entire Group’s operations on a business-as-usual basis,” Mr Vickers said.

“Unfortunately the current position of the company is such that this was not possible.

“However, we are in discussions with contractors at several sites and are hopeful that up to 140 employees will be able to return to work early next week.”

Creditors will learn more about the financial position of the company at a meeting on September 6.

Do you have a job vacancy in any industry or business in Toowoomba or Dalby? Tell us and we’ll let the community know.

Email news@thechronicle.com.au or tom.gillespie@thechronicle.com.au with the subject Jobs for Ostwald Bros and a brief summary of what the job is.

click here to read the rest of this story

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here